Wednesday, November 17, 2021

THERE AND BACK AGAIN

It has been nearly 10 years since I posted anything to this blog! Now mind you, it's not for lack of desire to share my creative endeavors but rather a journey that culminated today with me gaining back control of my blog!!!!

Someone hacked my blog and was able to change the email address so I couldn't log in to post! Initially, I made several half hearted attempts to recover the blog over the past 9 years but the hoops I had to jump through and the hurdles I had to clear were numerous and time consuming, alongside the fact that I had to wade through pages of "how-to-recover" posts in the blogger forum! It just seemed like too much so I let it go. Until today. Today something  just reared up inside of me and I determined that I would get my blog back no matter how long it took. This was just one more thing that had been taken from me over time and I just wasn't going to stand for it anymore!

My sense of personal safety and well-being has been under assault since the campaign and election of the 45th president of the United States. My peace of mind was also, (unlike the false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen) in fact, stolen. My health has been put in jeopardy by selfish, stupid, inconsiderate individuals that refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated. My son and his fiancé had to postpone their wedding - twice - due to COVID-19 restricting travel to and from the USA to the UK! The list goes on and on.  And while my it is my intention to make this blog about my fiber pursuits, not to grind any political axes or complain about the things I cannot change,  I just had to get all of this off my chest!

I've been to the depths Sheol and I have re-emerged stronger, wiser, and most of all healthier mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  So 3 hours and many support emails later I have my blog back. I feel like I've recovered a piece of myself self that I didn't even realize was missing.

I'm now ready to carry on with living well!


No comments: