Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ravelry Rocks!

If you don't know, you should know about Ravelry. Google it or go to ravelry.com to find out more! I received 3 skeins of yarn, l-o-n-g discontinued that I needed to complete a sweater that I'm knitting for my grandsons birthday. First of all, I thank God for having found the one remaining tattered ball band with all of the identifying info on it. (It was wadded up in the bottom of a plastic bag filled with trash in my creative area waiting to be thrown away, God only knows why I was compelled to go through the trash, I had given up on finding this ball band!) I then went online and googled the yarn, nothing. Ebay - nothing. I searched Ravelry for yarns listed in members' stash and there it was. I then located the 3 skeins of the yarn in the right color, owned by someone that was willing to sell or trade it. I messaged her, she responded and today, my DH brought it in and presented it to me. It couldn't have come at a better time. I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and was wishing I could move to Australia, where it is summer now. I was hating the DMV in California, I was having a having-to-deal-with-my-ex-husband-so-I-can-see-my-grandson-that-I-haven't-seen-in-two-years-crisis, I have a case of the I'm-tired-of-the-snow-and-cold-cabin-fever-recovering-from-knee-replacement-surgery-blues, and....enough already! The yarn worked! D.D.

No comments: